Joint are the connection between bones and they provide support to help us move around. Therefore, it is extremely uncomfortable when one is moving around with damaged joints. There are many different causes of joint pain and each could lead into a serious medical condition. Below are some cases of why your joints are painful.
According to SingHealth, here are the common diseases of bones & joints:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
As many are facing joint pain on a global scale, it is expected that every 1 out of 3 adults in the Singapore population is affected by this health problem. Therefore, it is imperative to keep your joints in tip top condition to prevent such circumstances.
Here are some common causes of joint pain:
- Medical conditions as stated above.
- People who are overweight, causing additional pressure to joints.
- Exerting too much pressure through high impact sports or exercises.
- Aging that also leads to wear-and-tear of joints.
Many might resort to pain killers to ease joint pain. However, it is not a long-term solution as joint pain may affect individuals throughout their life if the root problem is untreated. Furthermore, pain killers are just to relieve pain for a short period of time. Thus, after the medicine wears off, most users will likely face the same issue again.
What is the best way if your joints are painful?
- Consult a professional or doctor if the joint pain persists or gets worse.
- Keep a healthy lifestyle by eating good foods that keep joints strong
- Minimize exerting huge pressure on the joints for faster regeneration.
- Take joint supplements that have proven reviews to protect and prevent joint damages.
Ultimately, joints are extremely important as part of our daily lives. We rely on joints to do the simplest task such as walking and climbing stairs. Good joint health starts with maintaining and preventive measures.